If you are under the age of eighteen (18), you can only use Invastor Payments with the involvement of your parent or guardian. Make sure that you review these Terms with your parent or guardian so that you both understand all of your rights and responsibilities. When you use the Invastor Payments service to pay for things on Invastor, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically any important information regarding your payments or your account.
1. Funding and spending. When you make a payment on Invastor, you agree to provide a valid funding instrument. When you have successfully added your funding instrument, we will allow you to initiate a transaction using Invastor Payments ("Invastor Payments").
2. Pricing. Pay attention to the details of the transaction, because your total price may include taxes, fees and shipping costs, all of which you are responsible for paying.
3. Extra terms. You may be presented with additional terms related to a specific payment before you confirm the transaction (such as shipping terms for tangible goods). Those additional terms will also govern that transaction.
4. Subscriptions. If you purchase a subscription to an app or to a feature within an app, we will bill your funding instrument immediately, and then again at the beginning of each subscription period. The following terms apply for subscriptions purchased through Invastor Payments:
a) If a free trial period is offered and you do not cancel during the free trial period, you will be billed at the end of the free trial period and at the beginning of each subsequent subscription period.
b) You can cancel subscriptions at any time on your Account settings page.
c) If you cancel a subscription, you will still have access to the app or feature that you subscribed to until the end of the subscription period. If an app or feature you subscribed to becomes unavailable during your subscription, you will not be billed at the beginning of the next subscription period.
5. Actual sale. You may only use Invastor Payments to process a funding transaction for a legitimate, bona fide purchase of a product or service or a donation payment. Except as set forth below, you may not use Invastor Payments to fund a transaction or otherwise transfer electronic value not in conjunction with a purchase or a donation payment.
6. Payments to developers in the US. We serve as a limited payment collection agent of developers offering content on Invastor, and we are authorised to accept payment from you on behalf of those developers for purchase of that content. Your full payment to us of the transaction price for a developer's content constitutes payment to that developer and satisfies your payment obligations to that developer for the purchased content.
7. Payments to developers in the European Economic Area. To make a payment to a developer offering content on Invastor, you must use the account we provide to you, which can only be used to purchase digital content on Invastor. You can top up this account using a variety of payment methods, such as a credit card, debit card or Invastor Gift Cards.
8. Donations. If you make a donation to a charity on Invastor, or to an individual who uses the features that Invastor makes available to raise and collect funds for personal causes, the following terms apply:
a) If you make a donation to a charity, you acknowledge that you make this donation as a charitable contribution, and you are not receiving any goods or services in return. As the tax laws vary by state and by country, please consult a tax professional regarding the deductibility of this donation.
b) We reserve the right to refuse payments intended for charities or individuals that fail to comply with our terms and policies, including our Charitable Donation Terms and our Personal Fundraiser Terms of Service. If we refuse payment to your intended recipient, you will be entitled to a refund.
c) Fundraising campaigns to benefit charities may be created by Invastor users ("Fundraiser Creators"). If a Fundraiser Creator pledges to match donations to a fundraising campaign, you acknowledge that Invastor does not guarantee that the Fundraiser Creator will fulfil the pledge. If you donate to a charity through such a fundraising campaign, you will not be entitled to a refund of your donation on the basis that the Fundraiser Creator did not fulfil the pledge.
9. No warranties. You acknowledge that any products or services you may purchase are sold by merchants, not by Invastor. WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES SOLD ON OR THROUGH INVASTOR SERVICE.
1. Funding instruments. We want to make Invastor Payments convenient, so we allow you to fund your transactions using a number of different sources, such as credit cards and debit cards, Invastor Gift Cards and other payment methods.
2. Authority. When you provide a funding instrument to us, you confirm that you are permitted to use that funding instrument. When you fund a transaction, you authorise us (and our designated payment processor) to charge the full amount to the funding instrument that you designate for the transaction. You also authorise us to collect and store that funding instrument, along with other related transaction information.
3. Authorisation. If you pay by credit or debit card, we may obtain pre-approval from the issuer of the card for an amount that may be as high as the full price of your payment. Your card will be charged at the time you initiate a payment or shortly thereafter. If you cancel a transaction before completion, this pre-approval may result in those funds not otherwise being immediately available to you.
4. Failed payments. If you pay by debit card and your load transaction results in an overdraft or other fee from your bank, you alone are responsible for that fee.
5. Invastor Gift Card Balances. Invastor gift cards may be used to generate a gift card balance ("Gift Card Balance") on Invastor. You can then use this Gift Card Balance on our platform as a payment method. The following terms apply to Gift Card Balances:
a) Invastor is not a bank, so Gift Card Balances are not deposits and they do not earn interest. Gift Card Balances are not insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, the Financial Services Compensation Scheme or any other entity or insurance scheme, whether governmental or private.
b) We may change the process to convert Gift Cards into Gift Card Balances, or the ways that you can use your resulting Gift Card Balance, at any time as we deem necessary without prior notice to the full extent permitted by law.
c) Some Invastor Gift Cards have bonus offers. Bonus offers are open to customers who redeem a participating Invastor Gift Card during the offer period stated on the Gift Card packaging.
d) You may not sell your Gift Card Balance or any portion thereof, nor transfer any portion thereof to anyone outside of Invastor.
e) Gift Card Balances are not redeemable for any sum of money or monetary value from us unless required by law.
f) Invastor Gift Cards and Gift Card Balances don't expire.
6. Incompatibility. You may at some point encounter an app or feature that does not support the payment method you would prefer to use; however, you can select a different type of payment instrument (such as credit or debit card, or mobile operator billing).
7. Mobile billing. Mobile network billing is another payment method that we have made available for your convenience. If you use mobile billing as a funding instrument, you consent to the following applicable risks and other terms:
a) By choosing the mobile billing payment method, you agree that we and your mobile operator may exchange information about you in order to facilitate completion or reversal of payments, resolution of disputes, provision of customer support or other billing-related activity.
b) You are responsible for any charges, fees, changes to your mobile plan service or billing, alterations to your mobile device, or any other consequence that may arise out of your use of mobile billing.
c) If you use mobile billing, you are bound not only by these Terms, but also by the terms and conditions of your mobile operator.
d) If you have questions about any charges or fees that appear on your mobile phone bill, you may contact your mobile provider's customer service division.
e) Sometimes, use of mobile billing may lead to charges that, for various technical reasons beyond our control, cannot be refunded to you. In these cases, we have the right, but not the obligation, to issue you a courtesy credit.
8. Prepaid. If you use prepaid as a payment method, you consent to the following applicable risks and other terms:
a) Refunds. Due to technical limitations, we are able to provide refunds ONLY by making cash deposits into a bank account. If you make a purchase with prepaid and later request a refund for any reason, you MUST have a bank account in order to receive the refund. Additionally, the name on the bank account receiving the refund deposit MUST match the name on the prepaid used to make the payment.
b) Safety. We may delay or limit the availability of your purchase, for either safety reasons, or to make sure that we possess all relevant information necessary to process the payment and deliver to you what you have paid for.
c) Information. You agree and consent that we will store your tax ID. We may use your tax ID to obtain additional information about you, necessary to process the payment, from the federal tax ID registration database.
Actions we may take
1. At-will use. We may revoke your eligibility to use Invastor Payments at any time at our sole discretion.
2. Enquiries. By using Invastor Payments, you acknowledge and agree that we may make any enquiries that we consider necessary, either directly or through third parties, concerning your identity and creditworthiness.
3. Our right to cancel. We may cancel any transaction if we believe that the transaction breaches these Terms or the Terms of Service, or if we believe that doing so may prevent financial loss. We may also cancel any Gift Card Balance or Advertiser Balance accumulated, transferred, assigned or sold as a result of fraudulent or illegal behaviour.
4. Payment limitations. In order to prevent financial loss to you or to us, we may place a delay on a payment for a period of time or limit funding instruments for a transaction, or limit your ability to make a payment, or deactivate your account.
5. Sharing of information. In order to prevent financial loss to you or to us, we may contact your funding instrument issuer, law enforcement or affected third parties (including other users) and share details of any payments that you are associated with, if we believe that doing so may prevent financial loss or a breach of law.
6. Abandoned property. If you leave a Gift Card Balance or Advertiser Balance unused for the period of time set forth by your state, country or other governing body in its unclaimed property laws, or if you delete your account and leave a Gift Card Balance or Advertiser Balance, or if we deactivate your account and you do not meet any conditions necessary to reinstate it within six (6) months, we may process your Gift Card Balance or Advertiser Balance in accordance with our legal obligations, including by submitting funds associated with your Gift Card Balance or Advertiser Balance to the appropriate governing body as required by law.
Disputes and reversals
1. Customer assistance. We provide various tools in our Invastor Payments Support Centre to assist you in communicating with a third party to resolve a dispute arising from a payment transaction.
2. No liability for underlying transaction. If you enter into a transaction with a third party and have a dispute over the goods or services that you purchased or over the donation you made, we have no liability for the goods or services underlying the transaction or for how the third party used your donation. Our only responsibility is to handle your payment transaction. All payments are final unless otherwise required by law. If you order something that becomes unavailable before it can be provided to you, you may request a refund of your payment.
3. Duty to notify us. If you believe that an unauthorised or otherwise problematic transaction has taken place under your account, you agree to notify us immediately so that we may take action to prevent financial loss. Unless you submit the claim to us within 30 days after the charge, you will have waived, to the fullest extent permitted by law, all claims against us arising out of or otherwise related to the transaction.
4. Intervention. We may intervene in disputes concerning payments that may arise between you and a developer, but we have no obligation to do so.
5. Technical difficulties. If you experience a technical failure or interruption of service that causes your payment to fail, you may request that your transaction be completed at a later time.
Notices and amendments to these terms
1. Notice to you. By using the Invastor Payments service, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically any important information regarding your payments or your account. We may also provide notices to you by posting them on our website or by sending them to an email address or postal address that you have previously provided to us. Website and email notices shall be considered received by you within 24 hours of the time posted or sent; notices by postal mail shall be considered received within three (3) working days of the time sent.
2. Notice to us. Except as otherwise stated, you must send notices to us relating to Invastor Payments and these Terms by postal mail to: Invastor, 55 Knapp Centre, Brocton, Massachusetts 02302, USA.
3. Amendment guidelines. We may update these Payments Terms at any time without notice as we deem necessary to the full extent permitted by law. The Payments Terms in place at the time that you confirm a transaction will govern that transaction.
1. Conflict of terms. All of the commitments that you make in the Invastor Terms of Service apply to your use of Invastor Payments. In the event of any conflict between these Terms and the Invastor Terms of Service, the Payments Terms shall prevail.
2. Conflict of laws. Some countries may restrict or prohibit your ability to make payments through Invastor Payments. Nothing in these Terms should be read to override or circumvent any such foreign laws.
3. Courtesy translations. These Terms were written in English (US). To the extent that any translated version of these terms conflicts with the English (US) version, the English (US) version controls.
4. Trade sanctions. You must not use Invastor Payments in connection with activities, individuals or entities that are located in a country or region that is embargoed by the United States or that would otherwise breach applicable US or non-US trade sanctions.